An All Around Bad Day

When I woke up this morning, I knew today was not going to be a good day. As soon as I looked at my FitBit and realized the date.


April 10.


I hate this day. Almost as much as I hate August 20. For anyone who has read the First Love series, today is Chad's birthday.


In the year's after Chad's death, I remained close to his brother Chris for awhile. We fell out of touch several years ago. It's hard to believe that Chad has been gone for almost eighteen years. Today, he would have been 36 years old. He has been literally gone a lifetime.


As though dealing with the weight of today while I'm stuck at work all day isn't enough, I found out the rear axle broke on my car. Yay! That's great news!


Not!


Sorry, I was stuck in the 90's for a moment there. I believe I am back to modern times.


I'm just sick of all these problems. I didn't sign up to be an adult! Can I go back to being a kid? Like 13 years old again? Maybe 14? Before I started high school. Before Chad died. Back when life was simpler?


As I think back to how I was at that young age, I'm terrified as a parent. My oldest son is thirteen, and if he does HALF of the things I did at his age, he is grounded until he's 40!


I guess I keep getting off track here. Moral of the story. Today sucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon