Mother's Day...Or Just Another Day?

This weekend is Mother's Day. I'm not looking forward to anything. I'm not even expecting anyone in my house to acknowledge the day. Instead, I plan on disappearing from the house and getting some work done.


Last year, not a single person even mentioned Mother's Day. I'm expecting pretty much the same thing this year. Two of my children will be with their fathers. My stepdaughter will be at her mom's, but even if she was home, she wouldn't acknowledge me on a day like that. It doesn't matter that I'm the one that does everything for her. All that matters to her is her "real" mom.


My older two children will be home, but I'm definitely no expecting anything from them nor my husband. Mother's Day is just another day of the year.


I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does. Last year, our first wedding anniversary had fallen on Father's Day, but instead of celebrating the anniversary, we celebrated Father's Day.


Friday and Saturday is the performance of the musical my oldest son has worked so hard on over the last few months. Saturday night, I will be out at a concert with my mother. Sunday, I will be hiding and getting some writing done.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon