A "Mommy" Day

Today has been kind of a blah day. I haven't gotten any further in From the Corner of Her Eye. I am really getting curious to how it ends! 

I decided to run a little experiment today. I made the Kindle edition of Summer Love free for the day. As of right now, it has had 17 copies downloaded, and I sold one copy of Autumn Goodbye. Hopefully, once people read the book, they will want to buy Book Two as well!

Book sales is not my main goal at the moment. I just want my name out there. If you read a copy of my books, please leave a review. There are numerous places this can be done at. If you have a Kindle, leave a review there. There is also my Facebook page (which I am ALWAYS on), and don't forget Goodreads!

Today was a "mommy" day, so there was no time for writing. I spent the day with my two year old while the rest of the children were in school. Shopping. Cleaning. Laundry. All that fun mommy stuff.

Tomorrow I don't see much time for writing either. A friend of mine is in a singing contest, and he asked me to go support him. He has an amazing voice, and of course I told him I would be there! I wish I could sing like he does, but I know I can't compete. I will stick to singing karaoke for fun, which is exactly what I might be doing after the competition.

While Madi was napping today, I spent a lot of time reading up on ways to market my writing. Every small business owner needs business cards, but why would an author need them? I decided to make up some bookmarks. They have my contact information on them, as well as a list of my already published works, and the one that I am currently writing. Who doesn't love free stuff? Leave a review of my book, and I will send you one! I might even autograph it!!

Last night, while at a extracurricular expo with my older two children, I found out the theme of the summer reading program at our local library this year is Super Heroes! How awesome is that! I'm personally more into the Super Villains (You can't have Batman without Joker. You can't have Joker without Harley Quinn.) but I am excited to get the kids working on this! I'm so blessed that my children enjoy reading as much as I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon