Time Management

I don't know how other people do it. How do other families manage to juggle schedules for seven people and not feel like pulling their hair out?!?

I had a board meeting for my daughter's hockey team yesterday. All of the other mothers were talking about all the camps and other hockey related things their daughters are doing over the summer. I felt bad, because I told my daughter she would be taking the summer off of hockey this year. My son is playing softball and we need to focus on his sports for awhile. Now that I know she will be playing with an older team (13 and 14 year olds and she is only 11) next year, I regret that decision. What if she is further behind the other girls? What if she decides to give up?

My son is loving softball. He never showed any interest in sports until I volunteered both of the older children as bat boys for the Beloit Snappers minor league baseball team. He loves it. My daughter hated it.

With is being such a struggle with just the two children in sports, what am I going to do when the younger ones want to become more active? Next year, I will have an eighth grader, sixth grader, second grader, first grader and 4k-er. My husband isn't much help with any of the kids' schedules. It's all me. Trying to be at a million places at once all while trying to write and work and maintain some sort of a life.

I know it sounds selfish, but I still need some time for myself. I'm sick of spending all my time making sure everyone else is happy. When do I get to be happy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon