Facebook Rant

Okay the only thing worse than experiencing a death in the family is reading about it on facebook.

My grandma passed away at 7 this morning. About 9:30, I read a post on facebook from my cousin. No one thought to call me. No, let's let everyone find out about it on facebook. Sounds like a great idea.

Or not. Seriously, it's freaking bullshit. I'm pissed! This is the THIRD family member that I had to find out about the death ON FACEBOOK!

Losing my grandma is bad enough. Finding out about it by reading words on a page that have already been read by hundreds of people BEFORE FAMILY WAS EVEN NOTIFIED is not the way to find out about it.

I saw comments on numerous facebook pages saying "sorry for your loss" or along those lines before I finally got a hold of a cousin. This happened at 7! I found out at 9:30. It's almost 11 now and my own mother STILL hasn't said a word other than commenting on a picture asking if my kids were okay. Um. NO ONE IS OKAY. The kids are at school. They don't know because I didn't know!!!!


Comments

  1. I'm sorry for your loss and especially that you had to hear about it on there. Sometimes social media is more of a bad thing than good since people seem to prefer it than actual human contact. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon