It's BeenTwo Years...

March 13, 2015...




That was the day it all began. The day I officially published my first book. Summer Love was available for purchase on March 13, 2015.


Closely followed by Autumn Goodbye on April 10, 2015.


When I picked up the pen, I didn't realize how hard it would be to put it down. I didn't realize how many other stories I could come up with to share with the world. I didn't realize how much I would actually love being able to affect lives with my words.


It has almost been two years. In those two years, there are eight books. Three series. One standalone.


The First Love Series was probably the most difficult thing I have ever written because it hits so close to home. Writing about the love between Marissa and Chad wasn't easy, but I needed to get it out. I know my husband wasn't comfortable while I was working on that series because of the old feelings that were drug up, but he (for the most part) remained supportive.


From the Corner of Her Eye is a book that I will completely admit I didn't give my full attention to. Quickly written, hastily edited, and published without much support, I don't think it has sold a single copy. Although I do love the story, I just don't think I was ready to write it at the time of publication. I would love to revisit it some day, but I still have a list of so many other ideas.


Self Inflicted. Another saga that hit too close to home. Like Aurora, I also suffered from cutting when I was younger. Like Aurora, I was also stuck in an abusive relationship that I spent so much time defending. Like Aurora, I got out. I found a better relationship. I learned to love myself and in turn other people. I definitely miss these characters and I do have every intention of a spinoff, possibly from Gabe's perspective, but that will have to wait until I am certain that I am done with my current project.


Saving Avalon. When a friend of mine suggested jumping into the fantasy world, I came up with excuse after excuse. Yes, it is the genre I read more often than not, but I had never written anything like it before. Jumping into the world of magic, demons, and mythical creatures has definitely been an adventure, but I am loving every minute of it. I am currently finishing up the last few chapters of book two, Finding His Soul. I hope to have the book finished within the next few weeks and put out a Kindle Scout campaign. Although I still have absolutely no idea what to do for a book cover...


I just want to take some time to thank a few people. Casey for letting me live in the past while I was working on a few of my books. Jayson and Hayleigh, my oldest two children, for helping out with the littler kids when I disappeared into my writing. Amanda, for making me step out of my comfort zone and write Saving Avalon. And of course, my grandmother, without whom I never would have even considered sharing my words with the world.


If you haven't already, be sure to check out my website (www.harleyturner.net). I have a lot of freebies and sales coming up over the next few weeks to celebrate this amazing anniversary.


Thank you to my readers! I always look forward to hearing from you, so feel free to contact me, either by comments here, or my facebook page, email, or through the website. There are plenty of ways to find me, and I am usually available to talk most of the time. I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon