Book Launch

Just in case you have been living under a rock the last few weeks, the conclusion to the Self Inflicted series, Reopening Old Wounds is only days away from being available. You can preoder on Amazon. Check out my facebook or website for details. 

In the past, I have just released the books and sat back and watched to see what they did. Some did well without any actual work from me, some needed and extra push.

I normally jump directly into some sort of free promotion (or at least a discounted one). This time, I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to do. The final book took me much longer to write than others in the series, mainly because I had grown so attached to the characters. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Rory, Liam, and especially Gabe (who quickly became one of my favorite characters ever). 

Another reason that it took me so long to write was that I knew once that book was done, I was embarking onto a new journey. Until recently, I have always written books about social issues that teenagers face every day. Self harm. Suicide. Abusive relationships. These are all things that people deal with but no one likes to talk about. I know personally, when I was younger, I would have loved to be able to have more books about the topics. 

Now, I have jumped into the world of fantasy. It makes sense, because it is the genre that I typically read, but it took a long time to feel comfortable writing it. There are still some parts that get rewritten several times. The first chapter was written twelve different times before I was satisfied with it. 

It is a work in progress, but I am definitely starting to enjoy it. I'm hoping it has some success, because I really like the story. The characters seem to develop themselves. I just sit with a pen and the story writes itself. Other times, I can sit and stare at a blank page. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon