Finding Her Wings Teaser

Okay, so I have spent the last two days stuck in bed beyond sick, so naturally, I haven't been able to get any work done. I don't have a genius idea for a blog post today (not that I ever do), but instead of waiting to post when I feel better, I figured I would give you a sneak peak of the book I am working on now.

When a friend of mine first suggested that I start writing fantasy, I kind of laughed it off. Once I started (which definitely took longer than usual to get a book started), I realized how much I really love the genre. Here is a few pages of the first chapter of book one in the Saving Avalon series, Finding Her Wings. Please let me know what you think.

Chapter One

present day…
It was dark when Kieren reached his destination. He wasn’t sure exactly where he was, but he was certain he was in the right place.

Kieren looked around and shivered. There had to be snow. Kieren hated being cold and his jeans and black wifebeater sure left him underdressed to be in the small town in the Midwest in the middle of January. He didn’t have a choice in the location however. Kieren was simply following his brother.
Clearly, Tierney was on to something. Kieren’s twin brother had spent over a century looking for the girl who would break the curse and save their home in Avalon. Kieren was determined to make sure his brother failed.

Currently, Avalon was the only place where creatures like Kieren could truly be themselves. Once Avalon was destroyed, Kieren would be able to take on his true form wherever he wanted. The world would no longer be ruled by humans.

Normally, the girl would have three options. If she chose Tierney, she could rule Avalon with him. If Kieren could persuade her to stay away from his brother, Avalon would be destroyed. This girl was Avalon’s last hope, so the third option no longer existed.

Win or lose, this mess would all be over with the year.

Kieren wanted nothing more than to shed his human form for good and be able to spread his wings, but he didn’t want to be confined to Avalon. He wanted to rule the world. Kieren had to make sure Tierney failed.

“I guess if this is going to be home for awhile, I better find a place to stay,” Kieren said to himself as he began walking toward town.

It was early evening and the streets were crowded. Many of the teenage girls stopped to stare at Kieren, but he ignored them. He knew he was irristible to them, but he didn’t have time to girls at the moment. All of the pure human girls were pathetic, although at times they were amusing to toy with because he could make them do just about anything he wanted. Kieve was aware that there were other creatures trapped in human form among the crowd, but he wasn’t worried about them, even though he wanted to stay off his brother’s radar until he found her.

Kieren was lost in his thoughts and wasn’t paying attention to where he was walking until he ran into a tall blonde man.

“Sorry,” the blonde apologized. “Are you knew in town? I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before. I’m Zac,” he said as he held out his hand to Kieren.

“Kieren,” he said as he shook Zac’s hand despite the fact that he hated the human custom.

“What brings you to town?”


“Trying to find someone,” Kieren answered. Preferably before my brother finds her, he thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon