This is Halloween

No, this post is not a rip-off of Nightmare Before Christmas (although the song is totally going through my head right now).

I know I have mentioned before that Halloween is my favorite time of year. Maybe it's the Wiccan in me, or maybe it's just because Halloween is AWESOME!

My twelve year old son doesn't know if he wants to dress up for Halloween this year. That's fine. It's his choice. However, when he told me he was too old to dress up, I freaked out. You are NEVER too old to dress up for Halloween. Too old for trick-or-treating maybe (although he could easily go with his younger siblings), but never too old to dress up. I am 32 years old, and I spend months working on my costumes every year.

Two years ago, my (now) husband and I went as Joker and Harley Quinn, and that was the day that he jumped on stage to propose to me. Last year was Bride of Chucky and Chucky (Chucky actually won MULTIPLE costume contests that night). This year, I am keeping my Halloween ideas a secret until I actually go out. I want to see the surprise.

I finished up my costume today. Now I have to get to work on husband's. This is definitely going to be a fun one this year, and we have THREE different Halloween parties to attend. Hopefully my costume holds up, because one of the parties is a bunch of local bands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon