Youth is Falling Apart

Yesterday, I was sitting in front of my computer and read about a shooting that happened about a mile from my house.

This occurred a block from our high school, during lunch time, so it was safe to assume that students were involved. A 16 year old shot a 14 year old, yet the school district says that no one from the school was involved.

Even now, a day after the incident, there isn't much information known. Apparently the only detail of the case is that it was part of a fight over a girl.

Is that really worth throwing your life away?

I realize that at sixteen years old, a child thinks they know what love really is. I know I thought I did. I was wrong. When I was sixteen, I was in a relationship with my now ex-husband. Where is he now? Prison. Where he belongs.

Where is this sixteen year old headed? Prison.

I look at my children and am insanely thankful that they all have other interests to worry about. My oldest son is all about school and drama. He is the nerd in the family. Straight As. Advanced classes. Plays. Musicals.

My next oldest is all about hockey.

I know as they grow older, their priorities will change, but for now, I am thrilled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon