Girls and Boys

Okay, it's not secret that my daughter plays hockey. She loves it and wouldn't give it up for anything.

Until last night.

After practice, she left the ice in tears. She was worried enough with moving up to the PeeWee level this year, but now a group of boys are making it even worse.

From what my daughter told me, a group of five or six boys targeted three girls at practice last night. They told them girls can't play hockey, or if they do, they have to play on the girls team.

My daughter has always played on the boys team. She doesn't like the girls team. The schedule doesn't work for our family. She just gets along better with boys, which is why she played with the boys at the Squirt level.

I'm really hoping that I can talk her into sticking it out, at least until tryouts are over next week. Once the teams are split into the A B and C level teams, I'm hoping she won't have to deal with those boys any more.

Thankfully we have today off from hockey. I'm hoping she gets some cool down time before returning to the ice tomorrow. I'm just so lost because I don't know what to do. Who are these boys that think they can treat girls that way?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon