Cancer....The Worst C word EVER!!

OK seriously, enough is enough already.
I'm sick of 2015, bring on the next year.
What? It's not even halfway over? Well then I think I will be hibernating the next few months, because I can't take much more of this. 

In January, my grandmother was diagnosed with stage four Breast Cancer. That's no secret. I've said numerous times that her diagnosis is what made me serious about my writing. 
I took her to the doctor today. Her tumor is beginning to erupt through her skin. Not a pretty sight. Definitely not anything I EVER wanted to see on my grandmother. 

A few months ago, and old friend of mine took his son to the emergency room because he had broke out in hives. The cause of these hives? Neuroblastoma. Cancer. The kid is two years old! Seriously, is this not ridiculous?!?

Today, a family friend took her 6 year old son to the emergency room for what she thought was appendix issues. Nope. Lymphoma. Seriously? Enough is enough already!!

I can't take it any more! Why is this the year of Cancer?!? When will enough be enough!!

Thankfully, the 2 year old I mentioned above is going well. He seems to be responding to chemo treatments fairly well. While I have never personally met this child, his father was one of my best friends in high school. Thankfully, he keeps the facebook world constantly updated on how he is doing. (I'm actually talking to him as I write this.)

My own six year old has struggled with breaking out in hives for no apparent reason lately, so of course, I immediately thought the worst. After countless tests, we finally found out his hives were caused by a soy allergy, so I started to feel better, until I realized how many things are made with soy...

End of rant...for now...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon