Possible Sequels? Pen Name?

A few days ago, I was asked if I would ever consider writing any sequels to my novels.

I didn't have an answer.

My First Love Series (Summer Love and Autumn Goodbye) pretty much ended where it did, but some people might want to know how some of the characters moved on. Did Marissa really stop visiting the place she spent every childhood summer? What happened to Chris and Anthony? Did Brayden and Melanie ever get back together? I have answers to all these questions, but I'm not sure if I would ever put them into a book. I might consider some short novellas from various character point of views if I could generate enough interest.

The only other book I currently have out is From the Corner of Her Eye, but the sales on that novel aren't going to great. Yes, I would love to write a sequel to that one day, but that book needs some work first. Honestly, I was in such a hurry to finish it, mainly because I already had Self Inflicted running through my head, that I didn't give it my best work. I am actually considering pulling that book until I have the time to give it the attention it deserves.

Self Inflicted is still a work in progress. It's something I have been wanting to work on for a while, but it's such a hard hitting piece, that I can only do so much at a time. The main character, Aurora, is in a toxic relationship with Erik. She also has a bad relationship with herself and a history of self-harm. The topic of cutting is not something to be taken lightly, but add in an abusive relationship, and you have something that many teen girls will face at some point in their lives. I'm struggling to write a decent description to post for my publicity of that novel and also unsure how I want the cover to look.

I guess to answer the main question of this post, yes I would be willing to write some sequels. They may not be full novels, but if enough interest is generated, I would gladly revisit some of my old characters. 

I have also been asked if Harley Turner was my real name. All I can say, is that it is the name I go by.

I have been obsessed with Harley Quinn for several years now. If you don't know who she is, I seriously suggest checking it out! Dr. Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatrist in Arkham Asylum. She fell in love with one of her patients and is ultimately responsible for the Joker's escape. Watching her transform from quiet Harleen Quinzel into the remarkable Harley Quinn is amazing. 

There are times when I don't want people to know what I am writing about. I'm not hiding. I just prefer to keep my personal life separate from my business life. Those that need to know my true identity do, and those that don't can know be simply as Harley. I tend to go by then in real life to some people as well. It is also my karaoke name. My wedding was Joker and Harley Quinn themed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon