Possible Publisher AND Children's Series?

Earlier this week, I received an email from Dorrance Publishing. They are wanting to work with my First Love Series! 

I cannot describe the excitement I felt while reading that email. Some authors spend their entire life waiting for news like that. I have only been seriously writing for about 4 months. 

I'm not going to run out and say that I have a publisher picking up my work. I have to talk to them first. Honestly, if there are too many changes made to the story, I will probably refuse. 

It would be nice to have a publisher standing behind me. It would be nice to not have to be responsible for my own editing. It would be nice for the marketing help. At the same time, right now, I have creative freedom that I could lose by signing with a publisher. 

I'll have to wait and see how that conversation goes....

About a week ago, I took my children to the library. My 10 year old daughter told me I should start a children's series. "I want to read about a girl my age that plays hockey with the boys," she told me. 

Sure, Hayleigh, I believe I could do that. 

It will have to wait until I have Self Inflicted done, but I think Chicks with Sticks would make a good series. The title is a working title by the way. 

What do you think about tying myself down to a children's series? 

Can you think of a better series title?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon