What I'm Reading

In addition to my constant writing, I'm also an avid reader.
My Kindle has never left my side since I received it as a gift last Christmas. 
Lately, I have been spending a lot of time reading non-fiction books that will help with the publishing and marketing of my books, but I prefer disappearing into the world of fiction.
When grandma was first diagnosed, I started to reread books from an author I had loved when I was younger; Lurlene McDaniel. Most of her books involve teens dying of devastating diseases or sudden accidents. Most of them do not have a happy ending, but they are real.
Her One Last Wish series always left me teary-eyed and wanting more, so I figured that was the perfect place to start.
I checked out every book that I could find at my local library. There are still several that I haven't been able to get my hands on yet, but that will some day change. 
I feel like I can connect with the author. She started writing when her son was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes, and I started writing when grandma got her diagnosis. She writes that even though some people are lost, they live on forever in the people who's lives they have touched. 
I have also started reading the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. I am only two books into the series, but I'm starting to enjoy it. It took awhile to get into the first book, but once I did, I couldn't tear myself away from it. 
Another book I have recently started is A Demon Made Me Do It, part of Penelope King's Demonblood series. 
In case you haven't noticed a trend, I love the young adult supernatural stories. I don't write that genre, but it usually is my go-to for entertainment reading. I fell in love with Dimitri and Adrian in Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy and then with her Bloodlines. I disappear with Zoe Redbird in the PC and Kirsten Cast world of the House of Night. 
I try to read at least 2 new books each week. Some times I end up reading more; sometimes less. I have been getting around to reviewing some of my favorites on Goodreads. Feel free to follow my literary journey there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon