Busy Busy Busy!

First of all, I promise this post isn't as depressing as my blog posts were last week. I did not intend for both posts to be about suicide, but it happened.

These last few weeks have been pretty busy leading up to the start of school. Saturday, Joker and I took three of the kids to our local fire department's corn boil. All three kids got mad. All three kids ended up spending the night at someone else's house, so we got to go have some fun.

It isn't often that my husband and I go out just the two of us. Being the karaoke junkies that we are, we started out the night at our usual bar where Batman was running karaoke. The place got too busy too fast, so we moved on. 

Our second stop of the night took us to the place where we met. Complete opposite of the first packed establishment that we were at, this one only had two other customers when we walked in. However the bartender (who was also the person running karaoke) was more worried about those other customers, so after being skipped over in several karaoke rotations and sitting with an empty drink in front of me for way too long, we moved on again.

Our last stop of the night took us back to a place we used to frequent but don't make it to very often. We ended up home early and even got to sleep in a little bit on Sunday.

Sunday, the wonderful husband took a nap in our recliner, losing his cell phone in the chair in the process. I managed to get the phone out of the chair, but not without injury. I thought I had just bruised my hand, but I went to the emergency room last night because I couldn't take the pain any more. It was severely swollen and I found out it was dislocated. After having it popped back into place (OUCH!) it is finally starting to feel better. The swelling is still there, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday. I even managed to fight through the pain and write 14 pages yesterday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon