Summer's End

I haven't been doing much work with Summer Love and Autumn Goodbye lately, but Marissa's story continues in the Self Inflicted Trilogy when she makes her initial appearance in Scars Fade.

Every time I think of the titles of my first two novels, a song jumps into my head. Instantly I feel like I am fifteen years old again because that's when Britney Spears released "Autumn Goodbye." It was not a very well known song. It was not on any of her albums (I don't think). It was released solely as a bonus track on the Baby One More Time single, which I was lucky enough to get as a gift from a boy all those years ago (Thanks Mike!). Still to this day, lyrics from that song come flooding to my head whenever I think of the Summer Love series.

Things have been a little busy around Arkham these last few weeks. Classes for work are starting up again, and I just can't seem to wrap my head around income taxes during the summer. The kids are getting ready to go back to school (and I can't wait!) and we have athletic code meetings and open houses to attend for four of the little ones. My daughter will be starting back up with hockey soon. My son wants to get involved with sports this year. It's going to be a busy year.

This week, in between my job, tax classes, and athletic meetings, I am getting ready for an amazing benefit this weekend. I will probably post more about it later this week.

Scars Fade is finished. Before the Scars is finished. Reopening Old Wounds had a rather slow start in the beginning, but it is going good at the moment. I believe the final book in the Self Inflicted Trilogy will be released this October.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon