Rant Time!

Okay, I don't really want very often, but this time it's necessary.
First of all, I'm not close to my dad. He and my mom split up when I was just a baby, and I would generally only see him for Christmas while I was growing up. I'm not close to much of his side of the family, especially since his mom died a few years ago. Many of the aunts, uncles, and cousins, I haven't seen in 10 years. 
However, I read on facebook yesterday, that one of these uncles died on Monday, after a long battle with cancer. I never knew he had cancer. 
Maybe I am overreacting, but I don't think I should have found out about this death on facebook. Would it have been too much to ask for my father to pick up a phone and call me? Or even before a simple, "hey your uncle has cancer" would have been nice. Nope. Nothing. 
I guess it shouldn't surprise me. My dad never seemed to want to be a part of my life until I had children of my own. Once I turned 21 and could start seeing local bands play in bars, I finally started seeing him more often, but I feel like it's too late. He didn't want to be a part of my life, so why should I attempt to be a part of his? We didn't even go over for Christmas this year because he went out of town instead. He didn't attend any of my children's activities. He is more concerned with his step-children's lives than his own children's. 
I don't know why this is bothering me as much as it is. I guess part of it was there was a private funeral for my grandfather last year, and I wasn't even invited to be a part of that. Maybe I should just give up. All it would take is a few simple facebook deletes, and he is out of my life. It's not like he would even notice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon