Summer

As the school year comes to an end, my days grow busier. With only a week and a half left of school, my evenings are filled with activities.

Tonight, my 10 year old daughter has her weekly drill for the Young Marines. If you have never heard of this organization, I encourage you to check them out. My oldest son took a year off this past year because his classes were so advanced, he didn't have the time, but he is looking forward to re-joining this summer. There are numerous chapters scattered across the country, so there should definitely have one near you. Tell them you heard about them from the First Wisconsin Young Marines!

Tuesday, that same daughter is staring in her first musical. My 12 year old son did his first musical earlier this year, and he loves it so much, he managed to become stage manager in my daughter's! I am so grateful that my love of music has passed on to these children. My son plays clarinet (just like his mama did) in his school band and recently marched in the Memorial Day parade for the first time with the band. (My daughter marched with the Young Marines.) My daughter can't wait for next year, because band starts in 5th grade. She is eager to play the flute (which I played very briefly). 

Wednesday is awards night for those two older children. With my sons advanced classes, as well as the videos he has been producing throughout the year (earning him a special award from the school board), I'm eager to see what awards he will walk away with. My daughter was also invited to awards night, so we shall see what that brings.

Thursday is my five year old step-daughter's spring sing and 4K graduation ceremony. I'm slightly disappointed that the school district just started the graduations this year, because my son didn't get one last year. 

Friday, I get to chaperon the step-daughter's field trip to the zoo. It should be fun, especially since I get to bring the 2 year old with me!

So that is the week I get to look forward to. And I still have to find time to write. I have a deadline coming up in about two weeks. I have to have a FINISHED copy of Self Inflicted uploaded to Kindle by June 16. It is available for preorder now, and will be available on June 26!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon