Excuses

My writing has been slacking lately.

My grandmother's health took a turn for the worst last week, and we were afraid we were going to lose her. She seems to be getting better now, and I hope she continues to improve.

Summer hockey is finally over, as of yesterday. I'm sure my daughter will miss it, but I am glad to see it end. I don't particularly enjoy dragging two or three small children to an ice arena for two hours two days a week. We have a break for a few weeks before we start fall skills and drills in August...

I am back to work, and even though it is only two days each week, I'm not used to it. Those days used to be reserved for writing, and now I spend the day dealing with IRS audits and people who didn't get their tax returns filed on time for whatever reason.

I have probably spent WAY too much time reading, and not enough time writing. Every night this week, I have been awake until 3, 4, or even 5 in the morning simply because I was reading a book that I couldn't put down. 

I could easily fill these pages with excuses for not keeping up with writing, but that's all they will be; excuses. 

When I first started Self Inflicted, I already had a cover idea in mind. I knew exactly how the book was going to go. The day I started writing, I also designed the cover and posted the book on Amazon for preorder. That gave me a deadline to finish the book and I stuck to that deadline. The entire book was complete in less than a month.

I have been working on Scars Fade for almost three weeks now and still have no cover made. I don't even have a cover IDEA. Without a cover, I can't post to Amazon as a preorder. Without making the book available for preorders, I don't have a deadline set, so I can slack. It's not an excuse, it's just what it is. 

Any other book that I have written, I knew exactly what I wanted the cover to look like. With this book, I am clueless. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon