My Writing Style

Every writer has his or her own way of doing things. Some sit in the front of their computers with either MS Word or Schrivener or another type of word processing software and type whatever comes to their mind. Some listen to certain types of music to keep the creative flow. Some need silence. Some need no interruptions, while others can multi task. I know some writers who can only get work done while sitting in a coffee shop all day.

Personally, I can't seem to think when I am sitting in front of a computer. I hand write all of my books. I don't wait until they are done to start typing, but I do wait until there are at least a few chapters complete before I open Word and get to work. With five kids at home, I know I will never be able to work in uninterrupted silence, and I'm okay with that.

I can't write with music playing, which is kind of surprising since music is such an important part of my life. At the moment of writing this blog post, I am doing everything completely opposite from usual, and I am struggling to keep focus. I'm writing straight on the computer, nothing is hand written before time. I have music playing (very loudly, because well, how else can a person listen to music?). I am also holding a conversation with my husband while I am writing. The result? Numerous typos. I keep losing my train of thought. I need my notebook.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon