Fun Filled Weekend!

Yesterday felt strange. For the first time since we got together, my husband and I spent a holiday apart. I went with my mom to take my older two children to the beach (the younger two were with their father), while Joker took his daughter to a family cookout.

Yes, I'll admit I was probably selfish at spending the day at the beach instead of with my husband's family, but I feel so out of place at their get togethers. First of all, I'm expected to know everyone. That's not going to happen. His family is just too big! He only really sees that side of his family once a year, so obviously I won't ever really get to know them enough to be comfortable around them. 

I had already planned the beach day with my mom before he even mentioned the cookout. I didn't want to change my plans, especially since the kids were already looking forward to it, so we decided to do our own things this year.

The beach was beyond relaxing. I have had a lot of things on my mind lately (which is contributing big time to the writers block I have been struggling with), and it was nice to have a day away from it all. The big kids got along. I didn't have to watch them every moment of the day. I could toss an air mattress in the water and just float. 

I needed it.

Once I returned from the beach, the husband came over to my mom's house and watched the kids set off their fireworks. Then we went to watch the big city firework show with his mother.

It worked out well, and I needed the stress-free day, but it still felt strange to not be together. It was the first holiday we had spent apart. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music = Life!

The Fate of Saving Avalon